Monthly Archives: August 2015
What’s better than TGIF? A TGIF that also happens to be your birthday PLUS a guilt free day off work. #lifeofluxury
I won’t tip toe around the fact that I love birthdays, especially as I’m about to give the gift of birth to this little nugget currently doing laps in my stomach (slash shoutout to my mom, happy birthing day!). And today, I’m going for it: massage, facial, haircut – all to cushion the blow for having to install a carseat. gulp. reality, y’all – this is 27. Carseats are SHRN.
I look at birthdays mainly as an excuse to eat a million calories in one day, but I’ve been doing that for the past 9 months so I figured I’d include a little treat for you all. That’s right, 6 products instead of 5! Hold on to your pantaloons, things are getting crazy.
Most of these items I’ve had my eye on for quite some time, so we can basically call this little round up my ultimate wish list, sans baby items. Here we go.
Claire V Fold-Over Leopard Clutch: I love Claire V. All of the prints are fresh and fun and I am especially digging this leopard number. Perfect going out clutch (not that I’ll be doing a ton of that these days) to mix with prints, leather, neutrals, you name it. Price tag is a little steep for an everyday purchase, which makes it the perfect splurge-for-it-or-spoil-someone gift.
Tansy Hmong Lumbar Pillow: I think most of that is english, but regardless – I love this pillow. I’m a little bit of a throw pillow hoarder… but I mean come on, talk about adding some sass to my mostly-white-and-gray abode. Will it get spit up on it soon? Probably. But let’s keep thinking wishfully.
JA Love Ear Crawler: Can I start by saying I love the fact this is called an ear “crawler”? It’s no surprise I love all the “loooooove” jewelry, but this one is especially cool. One single earring to crawl up your ear? Ok, I’ll play. A new recent find but I’m into this one nonetheless.
Rag & Bone Newbury Boot: I know, these are old news. I’ve had my eye on them for over a year, but haven’t come up with a legitimate excuse to bite the bullet. If I’d bought them when I first discovered them, the cost-to-wear ratio would already be justified by now…le sigh…if only I wasn’t so cheap.
Dior Glow Nail Polish: I guess you could call this one a stocking stuffer for birthdays. I recently discovered Dior glow in all it’s greatness at work the other day. This easy polish brings out the natural pink in your nail, all while looking bare and polished at the same time. Considering I won’t see the light of day once this baby comes, this would probably be the best gift for me. HINT.
BONUS! Zara Geometric Tote: This price point is so incredible, it’s really too good to be true. On my continuing hunt for a non-mom diaper bag, I think I might have found my match. This is the kind of gift you could buy a mild acquaintance and they’d think you just bought them a car. Big, roomy, could fit Mary-Poppin’s family – I’m all in!
That’s all folks! Until next time.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever lived through a kitchen remodel? If you have, congrats.I envy you.
We’re currently going through the painful, yet exciting, process of giving our kitchen a little facelift – and I have a whole new appreciation for people who build houses from the ground up.
When I say little facelift, I mean mini remodel with new countertops, cabinets, floors and appliances. Our kitchen is tinnnny, and semi-functional but is in serious need of some TLC. The cabinet doors don’t close for heaven sake. Since we’re not using a contractor and doing it ourselves, we’re going full force to get this finished before
all hell breaks loose the baby arrives!
SO in the interest of time (since I’m real short on it these days) I’m keeping this post brief. Here are a few pictures of the demo, so you can understand the chaos I’m living in right now. I’ve also included a few pretty pictures to leave you on a less depressing note. Here’s what we’re going for: white, bright, herringbone, subway tile, clean lines, full hearts, cant lose.
- David & Young Felt Fedora: I love hats, but I can never seem to pull them off so investing in a good hat is just not at the top of my list. Enter this $28 gem. Normally I cringe at the word fedora, but between the grey felt and the wide (but manageable) brim, this number seems less cheesy and more ya-I’m-wearing-a-hat-whatsup casual.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: I know, I know – I’m on a Stila kick but their products are seriously impressing me these days. I discovered this eyeliner from one of my best friends who always has that annoyingly perfect thin liner look – one that I can never seem to get down. When I finally purchased some for myself, I chose the Alloy charcoal color since lighter colors tend to be more forgiving, and black is so harsh for my skin-tone. Y’all, this liner is seriously idiot proof – it’s a tiiiiiiny pen that glides easily without any pressure. Done!
- Ella Moss Stella Jumpsuit: Holy hotness, the number has got to be the most basic-but-flattering-but-also-subtly-sassy jumpsuit I’ve ever seen. I’m hoping it’s as awesome in person as it is online, because what better to be staring you in the face everyday taunting you to get back to your pre-baby weight than this? Ella Moss, you’re a great motivator.
- Marc By Marc Jacobs Leather Backpack: Fact: diaper bags are hideous. From my extensive research, 99.9% of all diaper bags look like the baby industry has waved the white flag and totally given up on functional style. For reasons I don’t really understand, I’ve been gravitating towards backpacks in my hunt for the perfect diaper bag. If we’re talking about practicality and function, what’s more efficient than a hands-free backpack? Nothing except a fanny pack I tell you. And I’m not dead yet. This cute bag screams baby proof, with a decent amount of storage space. Thoughts? I’m really interested to know your opinion!
- Oscar De La Renta Ombre Tassel Earrings: Same Oscar, new ombre. How fun are these!? I am digging the new color combo to spice up any neutral outfit (because lets face it, 90% of my closet is neutral). These would be a great addition to my wedding guest wardrobe rotation.
That’s all folks! Have a great weekend!