click the products above to get more info
- Classic Half-Bridge Sunglasses: If you know me, you know I have an
uncontrollableobsession with sunglasses. I am seriously into these, and cashing in under $10 means I could order a zillion pair without feeling the buyers remorse #addictsneverquit. My one rule with sunglasses is to always test out a style (especially if they’re trendier) before investing in the good stuff. Trying out the cheap knockoffs will give you a great indicator to see if you’ll really get the bang for your buck.
- Hatch Azul Tank: Another maternity(ish) piece. I’ve mentioned Hatch before, but it’s honestly one of the smartest brands. They offer pieces that can be worn before and after the bump (and styles you’ll actually want to wear again after). I have this in blush and I’ve worn in probably 10 times in the past 3 weeks (ew). Super lightweight and easy to dress up or keep casual, PLUS it’s perfect for that ole’ front tuck post-bump.
- AG Jeans The Legging: Truth, I caved. I finally splurged on maternity jeans after all of that smack talking. I should have known from my friends who said “TRUST ME, you’ll waste more on the cheap pairs than one solid good pair”. And they were right. So yesterday, I went ham at Pea in the Pod (lol at that fact, first of all). The AG “The Leggings” (maternity edition) were on sale, and the casual wash/frayed ankles won me over. Hello! Why did I wait this long? Give me that full panel all day long.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick: One of my favorites sent me this lipstick with her stamp of approval the other day, and while I’m not a huge lipstick wearer I was smitten. I’d be willing to take a giant step out of my comfort zone for this lipstick. The red is the perfect shade that really packs a punch (see emo picture below). I love that it’s matte, and doesn’t move a muscle all.day.long. If you’re on the hunt, I seriously recommend!
- Sam Edelman “Onyx” Half d’Orsay Pointy Toe Pumps: Yes, these are kitten heels #judgeme. Really feeling the fall vibes this week with my pumps and jeans – and I blame it on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. You laugh, but I’ve been thinking about these since seeing the movie Trainwreck. No, I’m not joking. Amy Schumer wore a pair gray suede pumps in the movie and I legitimately thought – I need those (I have a problem). These not only come in this leopard and a beautiful gray suede, but also a million other colors. Call them a mom-heel, but these shoes have proven to be universally flattering. I have a feeling they will be on heavy rotation during the work week.
- This is What Disney Prices Would Look Like in Real Life: You’re welcome.
- Design Mistakes: Hanging Curtains All Wrong: Emily Henderson speaks to me on a weekly bases with her Design Mistake series. She breaks down the do’s and don’ts of interior design, and is insanely entertaining. I’m sold. (Also, she has awesome resources for those of you working on home projects!)
- Hallie Eubanks Art: I mentioned in my first post that Hallie has done a commission piece for our nursery, and HOORAY it’s finished! I cannot WAIT to pick it up this weekend!! Pictures to come…but until then, check out her awesome work.
- Kitchen Remodel: Nick and I are cautiously entertaining the idea of remodeling our kitchen (yes, before the baby comes….), and this look is exactly what we’re going for – shocking, I know. It started with wanting to repaint the cabinets and has turned into an entire overhaul . The verdict is still out whether or not we’ll tackle it in the next two months, but an update is definitely on the horizon. Stay tuned.
- A healthy take on cookies: Get in my belly.